The following articles are prohibited from shipment to all countries served by UPS (and Fedex, DHL and other air/ocean carriers that we may contract to ship your product):
- Ammunition (except as expressly provided in the “UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States” beginning on page 136)
- Bank bills, notes or currency (other than coin)
- Corpses, cremated or disinterred remains
- Hazardous waste
- Marijuana, including marijuana intended for medicinal use
- Postage stamps
- Shark fins
- Shipments prohibited by law
- Watches exceeding the value of 500USD
Also prohibited are: goods moving under ATA Carnet and all temporary exports and imports; goods moving under FCR, FCT and CAD (Cash Against Document); shipments with inherent vice, which by their nature are likely to soil, impair or damage persons, merchandise or equipment; goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination (eg. ivory and ivory products), goods which attract excise duty or which require special facilities, safety precautions or permits. Under applicable law, certain goods may be transported only under prescribed conditions and certain goods are prohibited from transportation by air (eg. liquids in glass containers).
It is the shipper´s responsibility to comply with current government regulations or laws applicable in each country. Shipments are
subject to inspection and possible delay by customs or representatives of other government authorities.
We reserve the right to refuse or suspend transportation of any package which does not set out contact details for shipper and receiver
and of goods which, in our opinion, are not practicable for transportation or are not adequately described, classified or packed and labelled in a manner suitable for transportation and accompanied by necessary documentation.
We will not transport any goods which are prohibited by law or regulation of any federal, state or local government in the origin or destination countries or which may breach any applicable export, import or other laws or endanger the safety of our employees, agents and subcontractors or the means of transportation or, which in our opinion, soil, paint or otherwise damage other goods or equipment or which are economically or
operationally impractical to transport.
Shipping prohibited articles on a contractual basis with UPS
Certain items we list as prohibited will be accepted by UPS on a contractual basis for shippers with regular volume and the ability to comply with all applicable regulations.
The items we can carry under certain criteria are:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animal products, non-domesticated (e.g., mother of pearl inlay, snakeskin watch bands)
- Articles of high/unusual value
- Biological substances, Category B and exempt human or animal specimens
- Dangerous goods
- Electronic cigarettes
- Firearms and weapons (including inert and replica explosive weapons)
- Gold or other precious metals
- Live animals
- Personal effects
Not all commodities can be shipped to all countries.